Monday, December 28, 2009

Where's the best place to upload music to LISTEN to but where you can't download the file?

I have a song that I have mixed that I would like to be able to post somewhere free so that others can listen to it, but they can't download the file %26amp; swipe it!



I think you used to be able to do this on Bolt, but I just went to their website %26amp; you can't even upload music anymore.



Please don't tell me myspace. I'm not a band, just someone who mixes %26amp; edits music.



Where's the best place to upload music to LISTEN to but where you can't download the file?

That can't be accomplished. If they can hear it, they can capture it.



Anyone with a programme like "Replay AV" can capture any streaming content (both video and audio) that they can access.



But really, what's the difference if they download the song and listen to it, or whether they listen to it as it streams? And if they are going to post it to another site, that's no different (functionally) than linking to your site.



You could copyright it which would make it illegal for anyone to post it to another site, or otherwise distribute it. They could still legally download it for personal use or link to it from their site however.



ADDED:



I see another user mentioned http://www.imeem.com



I download music from there frequently. There is some good stuff there and it would be a good place to host your song.



Where's the best place to upload music to LISTEN to but where you can't download the file?

imeem.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd