Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Paul Ewing from Cbeebies/Tikkabilla...?

He's the dark guy with hair like Sideshow Bob. Does anyone know of any sites with some info on him - hubby and are intrigued! Well, I am anyway! Apparently he has a band with a myspace site but that appears to have been removed.



Paul Ewing from Cbeebies/Tikkabilla...?

I know the man you mean as my son is a massive tikkabilla fan but I don't know much about him this was something I just found by puttin his name into google... hope it helps xx



Paul struck right chord after rejecting acting



ROSS musician Paul Ewing may not have completed his first album yet, but he has already established a young fan base up and down the country.



Unfortunately for him they are more likely to be glued to Cbeebies than heading out to snap up his CD when it hits the shops.



Appearing in more than 200 episodes of the children's television programme, Tikkabilla, may not seem the most obvious route into the music industry but for musician Paul, originally from Evanton, it has certainly borne fruit. He has not only just returned from LA where he worked with one of Scotland's top producers on tracks for his new album but he could be in line for a music industry award 閳?all before he has even been signed up with a record label.



Turning his back on an established acting career, which also saw him working with the Royal Shakespeare Company for several years, wasn't an easy decision for the 31-year-old, but certainly isn't one he has lived to regret.



From the age of only five, when he took his first piano lessons, it was clear where his destiny lay.



"I think my parents probably saw me banging pots and pans together in the kitchen at our home in Kiltearn when I was young and thought they better do something constructive about it," Paul recalled. "I started piano lessons and continued with those until I was 11. When I got to Dingwall Academy I took up the trumpet and french horn."



It was his self-confessed lack of discipline when it came to putting in the practise time, that gave him an early incentive to start writing his own material.



"I was very ill-disciplined and never really got into playing the classical work usually associated with those instruments so I started writing my own pieces and just continued doing that," he explained.



Despite his love for music it looked as if his career would take a different direction when he went on to study a dramatic arts degree at what is now Edinburgh's Queen Margaret University College.



Paul Ewing



"I was too much of a maverick about my approach to music and there was no way I was going to get into music college unless I did my music grade exams.



With a regular appearance on the Cbeebies channel and parts in a BBC education programme, early indications were that the acting world would work out well for him. But as he explained "I did it for a few years until the music bug took hold of me".



His father Bernard, a former art teacher at Alness Academy, who now works at Raddery school, and mother Iona, a district nurse, both still live in the area, having moved from Kiltearn to the Black Isle. But Paul left for the bright lights of London seven years ago where he has since landed a residency at a Leicester Square venue and been shortlisted for the Best Soul Funk Act in the Indy Awards which take place on Tuesday. The awards are aimed at recognising the venues, promoters and artists involved in the independent music scene.



Although now enjoying early success with his new band, made up of four core members, his first attempts proved a little too ambitious to carry off.



With 13 members, including a string quartet, the band proved too big and unfortunately didn't survive long.



Learning from his early mistakes and having considerably downsized with his new band, which have been on the go for a year now, things are already looking positive with a first album and the Indy awards to look forward to.



Paul Ewing from Cbeebies/Tikkabilla...?

Hi Xai,



This actor/singer has a website now, promoting his music and himself:



http://www.ewing-music.com/



I was also intrigued - by his lovely speaking voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd