Monday, December 28, 2009

I know you're tired of my questions but hang in there?

Ok my band has a site and myspace. We're Southern Maniacs, and we were wondering how do we get to be booked in places? Such as Clubs and stuff. Remember we're all 14 - 17 so we can't get into a bar. We're looking for places for teens in Louisiana area.



I know you're tired of my questions but hang in there?

i dont know about louisiana, but most states will let underage people play in bars. they are considered entertainment, not patrons. check out booking agents and talent agencies. you can send out info to highschools for proms and homecommings. include a song list and a picture would help. we used to rent a hall,advertise in the newspaper and charge a cover at the door. we were really successful in places that usually didnt have anything like that on a regular basis. you can build up a good following that way. it would also help if you cut a demo cd and send it out in your promo packs. i wish you the best of luck, i would love to see live bands take over the djs. it doesnt take much talent to spin cds, im sick of them taking the place of hard working talented musicians.



I know you're tired of my questions but hang in there?

Try some skate parks.



I know you're tired of my questions but hang in there?

Try the schools first. Ask the Principle if you could have a "Band Night" for a school function. BUT ....... be prepared to do alot of the work in the organizing and even accept the answer NO. Good Luck in your musical career!



I know you're tired of my questions but hang in there?

yeah auctully u can get into a bar u just have to have connentictions, believe me i have done that b for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd