Monday, December 28, 2009

I am a Christian and.....?

i LOVE death metal, i like this band...but they're very blasphemous, they hate God, and they're satanic and stuff.... http://www.myspace.com/thestenchofredemp... %26lt;-------thats the band. Do you think i should still listen to them? i mean it's not like I'm gonna worship Satan or anything...right?



I am a Christian and.....?

Being a Christian myself I don't think in my own personal mind I don't think that the kind of music you like should interfear with your religion. To me, they're totally diff worlds. My personal life, which consits of my culture, my school, what I like to do in my spare time, and what music I like, and then another world which is my relgion, Christianity, which still consits of me, and my personal out look on my Christianity so, I don't think trhat the music you like interfears with your Christianity



I am a Christian and.....?

Stop listening to them - subliminal messages



I am a Christian and.....?

1 Corinthins it says think of things that are lovely pure and uplifts God...do you think a band that sings about hating God is uplifting him???



What is more important to you God or the band?



I am a Christian and.....?

Oh for crying out loud, listen to it.



If you want extremes, I listen to Nazi music. I'm still not a Nazi. If something entertains you, enjoy it; don't let other people or dogmas get in your way. If people judge you for the music you listen to, then they are people not worthy of you.



I am a Christian and.....?

I've heard arguments advising Christians to avoid all secular music as a path to the devil. I think it's crap, but if you want a religious opinion, I think it'd be no, you should stop listening to them.



I am a Christian and.....?

Be careful. There are some Christian bands that may have the same type of sound. Sorry I did not listen to them, so I can't for sure. Maybe you can try Skillet or Pillar? They are Christian bands...



I am a Christian and.....?

I think that it would be fine to listen to them.



What I think is that honestly its just words.Music isnt a bad thing its simply wonderful.



Music isn't going to affect your lifestyle or your belief in God.Its simply music.Its just a way to use their talent and everything.But thats just my opinion.



I am a Christian and.....?

You should be asking God this question. Everyone else will state their opinions. If you're a real christian, you should hate all forms of evil.



I am a Christian and.....?

The rule is if what you put in your body is defiled then you are defiled.



This being said I am a smoker so I am far from being judgemental. I would recomend that you see if there is some christian metal band that has a similar sound so that what you hear day in and out is uplifting.



I am a Christian and.....?

You answered the quetion yourself, they are blasphemous, they're are satanic.



Why would you pay them to listen to their music?



Also another thought, I love death metal too, find some Christian stuff.



Satan was the MASTER of MUSIC in Heaven (References are either in Job or ISAIAH but you know reading the whole bible is a great experience), music is a way he knows how to counterfeit, and somehow it really does get in to your soul and spirit.



We fight a spiritual battle Eph 6:12, allowing this stuff in your space allows you to be open to severe attacks, illness and the other firey arrows the devil uses to beat us up.



He is a lost foe, but he might win some battles even though he has lost the war.



I strongly suggest that you seek God for an answer and see if he confirms this. Cos that's whom we as Christian's need to relie on God's words written on our hearts.



You may not worship satan but you give his side an edge, what is bound on earth is bound in heaven what is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven - God won't allow that music in heaven.



I am a Christian and.....?

Ummm.... no. Don't listen to that. Unless you're doing a school project on Satanism or something. I'm quite sure you can find a Christian alternative. There's some really hard-core stuff out there. The Bible calls us to make a joyful noise unto the LORD.



I am a Christian and.....?

You should not listen to them. What goes in will eventually come out.



I am a Christian and.....?

you should try and stop listening. it's either God, someone who loves you very much, or that band, a group of people who are disrespecting someone that loves you. I'm a Christian too. So I'm definitely going with God.



I am a Christian and.....?

Well now, lets see what the Bible says. Here it is, "Blah Blah Blah; Jesus; Blah Blah; blah blah blah; Jesus!!!" Yep, that sums it up all right, go ahead and listen to the music!!



I am a Christian and.....?

Why not look to Scripture for your answer rather than your own opinion? If you believe you are Christian then look to Book:



Philippians 4:8



Romans 12:2



1 John 2:15



The reality is that you have to examine your understanding of Christianity. Christianity is about a relationship with a loving God who died to have relationship with you. It isn't about what you can and cannot do. If Christ is in you, you will be compelled to avoid whatever might damage your love for Him. It is very much like a marriage relationship. If you love your spouse you wouldn't dream of damaging the love you have for them by carrying on illicit affairs. Be a Christian by it's very definition means "follower of Christ." Jesus said to follow him you have to die daily, pick up your cross and follow Him.



If you have to ask yourself about whether or not you should listen to this music then you shoud really be asking yourself if you are really a Christian. If you love Christ, if you die to yourself, if you know that God loves you and as a result you love Him, then He will speak to your heart about the things you are involved in that could potentially keep you from loving Him more. He is interested in loving you and helping you understand His incredible love for you.



1 John 4:19



John 17:26



Matthew 15:11



Mark 7:15



Mark 7:20



God cares about your heart....keep searching for Christianity in its depth because I believe you are sincere but there is so much more to Christ than you know.



ihop.org



fotb.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd