Monday, December 28, 2009

Was Fall Out Boy signed/found through MySapce?

Don't criticize me...I'm writing an article on this.



So, how were they signed? Were they found through MySpace?



Who's their record label/company?



Is their producer the one who found them and signed them? Did he find them on MySpace? What's his name?



Did their band get formed (the members) on MySpace like I Am Ghost?



If not then how did they find each other?Did they start off as a garage band and then post their 'good' music on the site?



After they got signed, then what happened? Did they record their album? tour? sit around?



Details please but don't drag on. simple but with details.



If it's possible. And any other information that has to do with topic that is important.



Thanks! Remember, I need to make part of my story out of this.



Was Fall Out Boy signed/found through MySapce?

I am not totally positive how they started. I know they are all from a suburb of Chicago. So they're all from the same area. They came out around 2001 area. I know they built an initial fan base in the Chicago area so I am guessing local boys who were discovered. (Hence why my favorite shirt say Fall Out Boy: Chicago Soft Core). I know they were first signed by Fueled By Ramen. The first time I saw them in concert was in there Boise show opening for Mest. So they toured with them I believe this was in 2002/2003. I know that they recorded an EP and then later released Fall Out Boy's Evening Out With Your Girlfriend. I think this may have been released by them but I am not sure. The first CD they had that got any major play was done with Fueled By Ramen after they signed with them. That CD was called Take This To Your Grave (and is still there best in my opinion). The song Grand Theft Autumn was there first big hit. It閳ユ獨 what made me by a CD. They had a video for that song that received play on the music station FUSE. So yeah. I don't think myspace had a thing to do with there formation though. I saw them before I heard of myspace. But that means nothing. They're still currently with Fueled By Ramen but on there last CD they were also on with Jay-Z and some rap label. Not sure at all who that is. Sorry. So I am pretty sure that the internet wasn't how they got started. Just the classic playing and getting discovered then going on tour and building a fan base. I know Wikipedia has a decent article on them. Though how much you can trust that I don't know. It閳ユ獨 short in my opinion. Sorry I couldn't help you out more.



Was Fall Out Boy signed/found through MySapce?

So, how were they signed? Were they found through MySpace? They were released on uprising then found and signed to fueled by ramen



Who's their record label/company? Fureled by Ramen/ Island/Def Jam



Is their producer the one who found them and signed them? No



Did he find them on MySpace? What's his name? NO Dont know different one for each album



Did their band get formed (the members) on MySpace like I Am Ghost? no



If not then how did they find each other?Did they start off as a garage band and then post their 'good' music on the site?



After they got signed, then what happened? Did they record their album? tour? sit around? went to school together



Was Fall Out Boy signed/found through MySapce?

I think word of mouth from Myspace may have fostered their success but I believe, and someone I'm sure could back this up, they were already signed before Myspace. I could be wrong though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd